Monday, March 31, 2008

Photographic Inspiration

Interesting couple of weeks have passed since I have written anything. It is not without having done any photography. I have written a lot, ideas in my book, etc. It is tough to find the time to put together the kinds of shoots I would like to. I am kind of past the whole shooting pretty things phase, though I still work with models quite a bit. I just don't get as much satisfaction from headshots and such. I feel like I have been there and done that.

It is time for some more environmental work. I have several ideas for people and their environments as well as several other ideas for projects. I just don't have the time. Heck, I am taking a few days off and have not even updated my portfolio site, www.adamphotographic.com, with any of my recent work. Need to get on that.

Anyway, I am printing some photos for my wall at home, including some of the shots that were in Bend Living. It was interesting to see what other people picked. Most were the same I picked, but there are a couple that I would have rather seen included. However, I understand that the photo is not the reason for the shoot so much as the fashion. I am still happy for that opportunity and hope to shoot some more.

Anyway, I have to get back to printing, but I thought I would post this latest shot of Mary that I liked. It is intentionally cheesy, but I am from Las Vegas and used to have a pair of shorts with the same pattern as the dress that she is wearing. Even more so, I think the environment, lighting, clothes, etc. work. Maybe it is the warped Las Vegan in me.

_MG_5246-217-Edit

No comments: