Monday, March 3, 2008

Pin-up photography

I did a shoot with a bunch of people taking a class by Amy on pin-up modeling. I had a good time, and it was interesting to shoot with such a wide variety of people both age and body styles. I will edit some of the photos and post some on my flickr account this evening. I went generic at Amy's suggestion because of how many people we shot in the day - no time for my usual on-the-fly setup.

Thanks to Cherry Redd (come on Derek and Nina, get that site built so I can link to ya) for putting the event together. I hope we can do more in the future.

Anyone interested, give me a shout, and I will email you when the next class comes around. I think Amy does this here and in Seattle. From what I could tell all of the women really liked the class. One woman didn't like her make up, but everyone photographed as well as they could (photography make up is a little heavier than typical make up) regardless.

Probably the thing I enjoy most about photography is working with people who are surprised at how good they look when a make up artist and decent photographer get done with them. Anyway, fun was had for all. I will post again when some photos are done.

No comments: