Saturday, March 8, 2008

Amy's pin up shoot

OK, now that it is over, I can say that I recommend folks take the class and shoot when Amy comes back in May. All of the women seemed like they had fun, and all but one loved their make up and look. The person who did make up used to be my hairstylist, and now he has his own place. It was probably the least I have had to touch up anyone, though he is not as good as the Amy I usually use for make up at eyeshadow. That said, his under-eye circle make up was top notch. Clothes were solid, from Cherry Redd, and they definitely served to accentuate the girls' figures.

All said, good so far. I did screw up tracking who was who, but I will just print a contact sheet and go into Cherry Redd, to get Derek or Nina's help in identifying everyone. Photos are all edited and will go up on flickr soon. I don't know that any were good enough for my port, but one that I like is below. We went with a white seamless, one of my least favorite ways to shoot, because of the volume of people. With 20 minutes or so each, there was not time to tool much with lights and such.

I definitely want to rent a hotel or something next time so that the bigger girls are not shot super-contrasty against white. We need to get an environment that takes away from the bold figure contrast of the white seamless.

All said, it went really well, and I had a lot of fun. www.adamphotographic.com for my official site.

Pin up class

No comments: