Sunday, March 16, 2008

Family photographer

I shoot pictures of families more than you might think. I really enjoy the commercial and editorial work, but there is something about taking pictures of children that is refreshing - not to mention the look on peoples' faces when they see a really nice picture of their child.

One of the first things that really made me want to be a professional photographer was a mom who cried when she saw her daughter's senior pictures. The daughter cried because she had never seen a picture of herself that she liked (she was a cute girl too), which then made her mom cry.

That made me think that this is something I want to do more of.

Don't get me wrong, I love the kudos from other artists on a cool shot that is executed well and is visually compelling. That is awesome too. That said, there is nothing like simple pictures sometimes to best reflect the subject -

2007-1-7

- or even the unposed photos that reflect the context of a typical day -

Family portraits

No comments: