Friday, November 30, 2007

New digs, new port - need advice to make my studio more girly without losing my balls

I am running a few trial sheets of some moab paper through, getting my port all set for a few professional opportunities next week.

After the swanky Olive Boutique party, I will shoot some photos of my super cool doctor at http://www.vidafamilymedicine.com/. Gotta get a licensing deal arranged. I am not a big fan of unlimited use but we may be able to work something out.

In any case, my fashionista doctor will make an excellent subject and will finally push me over the redecoration edge in studio. We need to paint, mount stuff, get a fridge, sink, mirror with light bulbs and a couple of hanging bare bulbs from the ceiling. Move my leather couch in with Pioneer receiver and a couple of speakers, we can make it sound good.

For the event, we need to get some pictures hung.

No more industrial shoot schack. Hello feminine experience. Women buy photos. My shop must ease up on that manly stuff. That manly stuff just makes good pictures. That happy stuff makes saleable pictures damn it. Only one way to see, keep as much manliness in the design but put womanly aspects of design such as a fridge filled with french water. A special chair, A big movie style fancy chair with flowers that we can also use in a shoot. A couple ligts in the ceiling woucd be good if they could work on pulley.

Hopefully I can get my industrial Salem studio to work well for women since they are the primary purchasers of portrait photography.

No comments: