Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lightoom organization

Although I am loving Adobe Lightroom, I am struggling with organization of all of my photos. My portrait photography business has generated 27,369 photos that I have kept. My family photos are separate. I need to figure out and apply a keywording scheme as I am having a harder and harder time finding specific photos, especially my landscape fine art photography work.

I have two Lightroom books, and I need to sit down and go through everything this weekend.

Trying to determine the cost benefit of spending so much time organizing, but I am seeing it as inevitable at this point.

1 comment:

OregonWild said...

Adam,

I have found Lightroom to be very useful as a quick and smart way to caption, keyword, and adjust large quantities of images - especially in the field.

However, I don't use it to keep my images organized and I don't really understand the Lightroom interface for storing a library - especially since twice now i have accidentally deleted image selections by incorrectly using a keyboard shortcut.

I currently use Extensis Portfolio for organization - which has an easy interface and set-up. I can find and retrieve any image in my library instantly using keywords. I have used it for years, and it has really kept me sane.