Friday, May 16, 2008

More editorial photography

I have gotten a couple of more bites at editorial work recently. I soooooo prefer editorial and advertising photography. It is about being around like minded folks, interested in making the most artistic photos possible.

Portland Monthly, where are you? Give a young brother a chance, come on. Show me some love. Oregonian or Statesman, I am here for you too - just give me some artistic freedom, and I will make pictures that people will take time to look at.

Anyway, several meetings coming my way, so I hope they pan out! In the meantime, I am almost done editing the pin up stuff, though I don't know that I will post any of them on flickr. Just too much of other folks' influence in the shots taking from my personal vision. I like pin up, but I want to give it a modern edge - less cheesecake just for the sake of cheesecake.

Anyone out there interested? At the last pin up session, I ran into a woman who had to be 6 ft., buff, and had a really pretty face. Her ink and pink hair make her interesting, so I hope to work with her a little and create some cool work.

It will have to be a couple of weeks, because I am taking a much needed vacation. Speaking of which, anyone wanting photos on the beach in Lincoln City, Oregon, drop a line. My in laws have a beach house, and I can shoot there any weekend I am not otherwise booked.

No comments: