Sunday, December 23, 2007

Salem Fashion Photographer

The holiday season has been crazy busy. I have been booking shoots left and right, developing more commercial business than anytime in the past - a lot of fashion and some business executive portraiture.

I have to run to shoot this morning with Marissa. We haven't shot in a while. She is awesome to work with, but our styles diverge quite a bit. If you look through her portfolio, there is a lot that I do not personally prefer (probably because she has worked with so many different photographers of varying skills and styles), but there are shots in which she looks stunning. I have had some of my best shots come from Marissa as well as whole sets that have not worked so well, through no fault of hers. It could be that I am out of touch with what is fashionable, but I prefer more minimalist stuff than what she usually does (kind of the Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares school of photography, simple, good, clean shots). The challenge is to do something different each time, and this time, I have several new ideas, weather permitting a couple.

Overall, shooting with her is very much worth the potential reward of getting one of those jaw dropping shots that her experience brings. I work with a couple of models that are physically more suited to modeling than Marissa (like Mary who is 5'11") but none are better at working in front of a camera.

No comments: