Sunday, January 27, 2008

Editorial fashion photography

It has been a week or so since I posted last - super busy week. Shot with Lauren, who has a fantastic figure, then shot for Bend Living magazine. I can't post those until after they are in print (March edition). I think there were several really good shots in there, which is more than I expected given all of the variables (can you tell I am right-brained?).

Amateur model worried me, but she was super nice, brave, tough and had gorgeous eyes. Makeup was especially solid considering there was no MUA. My alienbees battery failed - I rented some profoto gear that went unused, but we managed to get the only sunny day in memory, so reflectors was all that was used. The model had to look warm while shooting spring fashions at 35 degrees while trying to include waterfalls that didn't look frozen (they were). I was a bit stressed, but once we got into the groove of shooting it went well - the model did a bang up job, and the Art Director came up with a really good shot with a distant waterfall in the background. I had to bust out the 30D just to use my 70-200 at an effective 320mm to get close enough for the shot.

Aside from the first couple of shots, it turned out well - there were a couple of wow shots in the group that I hope are used. I appreciate the opportunity that the magazine gave me and hope to shoot some more for them in the future.

No comments: